San Diego Bankruptcy Attorney: Kathryn Ursula Tokarska
Admitted to practice before all California State Courts, The United States District Court Southern California and the United States District Court Central District of California. The State Bar of California: License No. 243163.
- Juris Doctorate, California Western School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts Business Administration, Eckerd College
- California Bar Association
- San Diego Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- San Diego Bankruptcy Forum
- Better Business Bureau
- Lawyer’s Club of San Diego
- San Diego Lawyer’s Referral Program – Bankruptcy Section 2009-2012
- San Diego Women’s Network
Ms. Tokarska’s law practice is focused on representing San Diego residents and businesses in Debt Relief and Bankrutpcy.
As a J.D. candidate, she concentrated her legal studies in areas of Bankruptcy, Real Estate Finance, Taxation, Trusts & Estates, Estate Planning & Securities Regulations.
Prior to founding her practice, Ms. Tokarska was a Deputy Public Defender in Riverside County. She has 15 years of experience working for major financial investment institutions offering financial planning services, investment products, wealth building and preservation strategies.
Ms. Tokarska holds a Financial Paraplanner certificate and was a licensed stockbroker.
She is fluent in English and Polish.
My experience as a young immigrant from an eastern block country taught me a lot aboutstarting over. I observed my family’s sacrifices and determination. I naturally became the translator, the intermediary, helping my parents and people like them challenged by language and cultural barriers. It is ironic that people who can most benefit from financial advice are least likely to afford and receive professional services. My experience has grown into a passion to assist and educate people in financial matters. ——Kathryn U. Tokarska
Surfing, Biking, Camping, Hiking, Mountain Climbing, Travel, Photography, and Reading.
- Distinguished Service Award for oustanding contributions of legal services to the indigent community, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, Inc.
- The Wiley M. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services, The State Bar of California
- Certificate of Appreciation, Center for Community Solutions
- 2011-2012 Voted Best Consumer Bankruptcy/Debt Relief Attorney in San Diego by SDMetro
- Volunteer Staff Attorney at Legal Aid Society of San Diego representing clients in Tax related matters
- Volunteer Staff Attorney at South Bay Superior Courthouse Clinic handling Domestic Violence & Unlawful Detainers
- “Bankruptcy Chapter 13 and the Lien Strip Motion”
- “How to Choose Affordable & Best Bankruptcy Attorney”
- “Tips on Foreclosure, Short Sale, Means Test, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13”
- “Preventing or Stopping IRS Wage Garnishments: Income Taxes Dischargeability”
- “Bankruptcy Law Basics: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Explained”